This weeks recipe takes a bit of an Asian twist. This is my steak and vegetable stir fry with rice noodles. It is packed with vegetables and the rice noodles are much lighter than a bed of rice.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 box of rice noodles
- 2 strip steaks sliced very thinly
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1 medium zucchini sliced
- 1/2 red pepper small diced
- 1/2 green pepper small diced
- 1/2 red onion small diced
- 1 small can of sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup fresh green beans. (can use frozen just thaw and drain first)
- 2 Tbsp of light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp of rice wine vinegar (I used the one with chili flakes in but that is optional)
- 6 Tbsp of sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp of ground ginger
- 3 Tbsp of sweet chili wing sauce ( I used Quaker Steak and Lube Thai R’ Cracker sauce)
- sesame seeds for garnish
Here we go!
- In a zip top bag add half of the sesame oil, vinegar, ginger, and soy sauce and mix to combine.
- Add steak and let sit in fridge for at least 30min to an hour
- Prepare rice noodles per box instructions hold for later
- In a large metal skillet heat the other amount of sesame oil.
- Add steak and flash fry for about a minute. Take the steak out of the pan
- Add in all of the vegetables and cook until tender.
- When vegetables are cooked add in the wing sauce
- Toss in rice noodles and steak into the pan.
- Cook together for another minute to combine all of the flavors
- Serve and top with sesame seeds